Sunday, March 10, 2013

National Cathedral, Washington DC



DC is one of my favorite cities which, fortunately, I have the opportunity to visit every March. Although there is very little time outside of meetings to explore the city, I do always find time to take my camera for a walk.

This year some of my free time was spent at the National Cathedral. Even though I have been there many times before, I always see something new. My attention this visit was drawn to the smaller details instead of the awe inspiring vastness of the building. The Creation Statues that decorate the front entrances were my muses for the day. This photo shows a portion of the St. Paul statue, which depicts the moment of his conversion. The emotion in this statue is so clear and powerful...I enjoy how that emotion is translated in the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment